Cron problems

John Pearce jmp at sfs.uucp
Thu Feb 28 06:27:22 AEST 1991

>Actually with Xenix 386, 2.2.3, every 6 hours is not enough.  I have had
>cron go to sleep with idle spans as short as 3 hours.
>The recommendation from SCO is once an HOUR.

I experienced this problem at about the time this thread started, and
execution of /bin/true from cron once an hour _seems_ to have solved my
crontabs problems.

However, both 'at' and 'batch' seem now to have gone to sleep.  Commands
deposited in either of them sit there until removed.

Is this a problem anyone has experienced, and is it related _directly_
to the cron question?  Does anyone have a fix?

I am running SCO Xenix 2.3.1.