Need help w/ ANSI-sequence "send screen to host"

Thomas Dippon dippon at gtc.de
Sat Feb 2 01:05:42 AEST 1991

Hi,

I am using SCO XENIX 286 Rel. 2.2.3.  For a certain remote control
application I need to know what is being displayed on one of the
multiscreens. (e.g. copy the content to a file)
I realize that the ANSI escape-sequence "ESC[2i" (send screen to host)
is supposed to do what I want. I tried the following commands:

   cat /dev/tty06 > /tmp/screenlog &
   echo "\033[2i\c" > /dev/tty06

This doesn't work, because the shell which is tied to /dev/tty06,
reads and interprets (at least a part of) the output being generated.
BUT: Even if I disable /dev/tty06 prior to the above commands,
I still get garbage in /tmp/screenlog and also on the multiscreen #6.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks you

Thomas

--
Thomas Dippon -- postmaster at gtc.de -- S=postmaster;P=gtc;A=dbp;C=de