ethernet cards/tcp-ip

Jeff Hunnicutt hunnic at uncecs.edu
Wed Feb 13 08:55:36 AEST 1991

Greetings,

I am new to the xenix world and as such have few questions.
I have seen the Execelan tcp-ip software bundled with and
Execelan ethernet card that basically sets you up to telnet and
ftp. It was terribly expensive(1250.00!!!) My question is this,
Can a Western Digital ethernet card be used in conjunction with
some less expensive(read free) version of tcp-ip? If not are there
other vendors that offer the same type of package for less that
Excelan? Any help would be most appreciated. Please e-mail me
your replies as I do not read news that frequently. Thanks.
--
Jeff Hunnicutt, UNC-Wilmington/Information Systems (919) 395-3808
Wilmington, NC 28403
hunnicu at uncecs.edu  hunnicutt at vxc.uncwil.edu hunnicutt at uncwil.bitnet
          "The rhythm of big generators, the music of machines!"