ECU v3.0pl9 on Xenix/286 v2.2.3

Aris Stathakis aris at tabbs.UUCP
Mon Feb 18 05:09:06 AEST 1991

In <1991Feb13.101328.1107 at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us> mju at mudos.ann-arbor.mi.us (Marc Unangst) writes:

>I recently obtained the sources for ECU v3.0 from the uunet archive
>and attempted to compile them on my Xenix/286 system.  Since the code
>claimed to support Xenix, I thought it would be a piece of cake...

>Well, sort of.  ECU compiled okay, and it seems to be functional, but
>I can't get it to connect to a tty port.  When I tell it to use
>/dev/tty2a at 9600bps (the port my T2500 is on), it tells me that
>"another dialout is on the line", and then counts down from 10 seconds.
>When it gets to zero, it tells me to use another port.

The problem seems to be in the code.  I had the same problem under
xenix/386.  Here is how to fix:

----------- line 108 of utmpstat.c -------------------------
	    if(!strcmp(namecopy,"LOGIN"))
			status = US_LOGIN;
	    else if(!strcmp(namecopy,"DIALOUT"))
			status = US_DIALOUT;
	    else if((!strcmp(namecopy,"uugetty") || !strcmp(namecopy,"getty")))

The "status =" lines seem to have been reversed for some reason.  This is
what it should have looked like.

Sorry I didn't make diffs, but i was too lazy :-)

Aris

--
Aris Stathakis | Bang: ..!uunet!ddsw1!olsa99!tabbs!aris or aris at tabbs.UUCP
     - UNIX is like pickled herring - Nobody thinks it's any good -