X11 CGI and windows.

Ron Srodawa srodawa at vela.acs.oakland.edu
Tue Feb 5 06:17:51 AEST 1991

X11 Windows is public domain and could be ported to Xenix.  Has anyone done
this and gotten it to work?

CGI comes with the Xenix development system and works out of the box.  It
probably provides similar services with little hassle.

Lots of software expects windows.  Some, (I'm thinking of MetaFont now) allows
you to provide your own windowing environment.  Now, is it easier to install
windows and deinstall CGI, or is it quite easy to provide interfaces to programs
to use CGI?

Has anyone written either include macros or procedures which define the windows
library (Xlib?) but do so by calling CGI?  It would seem to me this might be
a poorman's way to get X11 running in Xenix.  Ron.

--
| Ronald J. Srodawa               | Internet: srodawa at unix.secs.oakland.edu |
| School of Engineering and CS    | UUCP:     srodawa at egrunix.UUCP          |