Problem porting C News to SCO Xenix/386

Henry Spencer henry at zoo.toronto.edu
Wed Feb 6 06:57:32 AEST 1991

In article <236 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:
>dbzmain.c
>Compiler error (assertion): file @(#)grammar.c:1.32, line 118 source=364
>
>	Anyone know what might be going on here? I encountered no such
>error when porting an earlier version of source under ISC UNIX.

Evidently SCO's compiler does not like conditional expressions `a ? b : c'
where b and c have struct values.  You'll have to change the three cases
of things like

	value = (dbzint) ? dbzfetch(key) : fetch(key);

to things like

	if (dbzint)
		value = dbzfetch(key);
	else
		value = fetch(key);
--
"Maybe we should tell the truth?"      | Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
"Surely we aren't that desperate yet." |  henry at zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry