Hardware Configuration for SCO Sys V Question?

Ray Shwake shwake at raysnec.UUCP
Fri Feb 1 04:05:04 AEST 1991

edsver9 at earth.lerc.nasa.gov (Thanh Nguyen) writes:

>Now, I have two questions. First, am I missing somethings here that are
>important to run SCO UNIX Sys V ?   Second, I know SCO Sys V runs well on
>Compag and AST 386-based PCs, but does it run on street-price clone like
>Northgate or Gateway 2000 386-based PCs ?  Please help me to determine
>the right config. before buying...!

	I spoke with an SCO rep who reported very good performance running
Open Desktop on the Northgate 386/33; a colleague running UNIX (don't know
which implementation) on their tower version confirms. You'll need more
than 4 MB if you're planning to run components beyond the Runtime (like
TCP/IP, X/Windows and the like). Merge is marginal in a 4 MB box.