Strange errors in building KA9Q

Ross Oliver rosso at sco.COM
Tue Feb 12 08:30:16 AEST 1991

In article <Feb.8.22.17.42.1991.13059 at klinzhai.rutgers.edu> rmartin at klinzhai.rutgers.edu (Richard Martin) writes:

>When I tried to build the KA9Q package, I keep getting the following
>error:
>
>/lib/Llibc.a(signal.o): error: fixup overflow
>near d7 in segment _Libc_TEXT offset 2286aH
>frame seg _LIBC_TEXT_, Target seg sys5unix_text, target
>offset 266a.
>
>I am running SCO version 2.2.1 on a 286.

Well, I haven't seen that one in a long time.  You can fix it by
upgrading your Development System to 2.2.1 (you probably have 2.1.3),
or a workaround is to extract the signal.o module:

     ar x /lib/Slibc.a signal.o

and include signal.o as the first module on you link line:

     cc signal.o other.o other2.o ...

If you are using medium or large model, extract from /lib/Mlibc.a
or /lib/Llibc.a.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.