why is 386 tcp limmited to one slip session?

Jim Deitch jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
Sun Feb 10 01:35:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991Feb8.162556.6584 at jpusa1.chi.il.us> stu at jpusa1.UUCP (Stu Heiss,925,6326,none) writes:
>Someone posted that most 386 tcp implementations are limmited to
>one slip.  This is true for the Lachman port on Xenix that we use.
>Why is this and is there any way to support more than one slip?
>--
>Stu Heiss - stu at jpusa1.chi.il.us

You know what is really interesting, I just got done doing some work
on a Altos 1000, it is a 386 box that is using a modified SCO Unix,
running Lachman tcp.  They can support more than 1 concurrent slip.  I
wonder if the altos tcp can be laid down into sco unix and work?

Jim
ARPANET:    jadpc!jdeitch at nosc.mil
INTERNET:   jdeitch at jadpc.cts.com
UUCP:	    nosc!jadpc!jdeitch