Tape backup for Xenix\

Alan Mintz alan at ahmcs.com
Sun Feb 3 12:45:36 AEST 1991

In article <31 at chumley.UUCP>, bruce at chumley.UUCP (Bruce L. Stewart) writes:
> In article <2757 at cod.NOSC.MIL> wildermu at cod.NOSC.MIL (James H. Wildermuth) writes:
> >
> > I have a 386 computer using SCO Xenix 386 (version 2.3.1).  I am looking
> > for recomendations for a high capacity (150 MB) tape backup system.
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> I recently (roughly October, 1990) made a similar request.  Here's my
> (re-posted) summary of the responses I received (thanks, netlanders-at-
> large!).  To this I can add that I purchased two 150 Mbyte Wangtek drives
> (will write/read 250 Mbyte DC6250 tapes as well) and have had no problems...

One minor point, Wangtek drives shipped up until about 6-8 months ago use
a different controller and are NOT capable of using 250Mb (1020 ft) tapes.

Also, if the Wangtek drive is packaged with a half-length bus card that
contains a single VLSI chip and a few support components, you'll probably
need the SCO SLS XNX149 "Tecmar/Wangtek Single-Chip Tape Driver" (avail from
SCO Tech support).

--
< Alan H. Mintz             | Voice +1 714 980 1034 >
< Micro-Quick Systems, Inc. | FAX   +1 714 944 3995 >