Dial-in and Dial-out on same line

Warren Tucker wht at n4hgf.Mt-Park.GA.US
Thu Feb 28 17:09:55 AEST 1991

In article <1826 at chinacat.Unicom.COM> chip at chinacat.Unicom.COM (Chip Rosenthal) writes:
>In article <1991Jan31.065819.28093 at odbffm.incom.de> oli at odbffm.incom.de (Oliver Boehmer) writes:
>>To install a modem for both in-and out-dial use you have to assign the
>>/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty process to it
>
>	$ ls -l /usr/lib/uucp/uugetty
>	/usr/lib/uucp/uugetty not found
>
>Sorry.
>--
>Chip Rosenthal  512-482-8260  |  If software look-and-feel can be protected,

XENIX in its various flavors, versions and incantations has more kinds
of UUCP than Carter has little pills.  I have forgotten the details,
but starting with XENIX 2.2.? or 2.3.1, SCO began shipping HDB UUCP.
Somewhere in there, uugetty became a "compatibility only" program, with
getty supporting in/out and lock files with no further requirement.

A XENIX without uugetty sounds like XENIX System III or some earlier
product with Version 2 UUCP.  I thought uugetty had been around for
a long time (I saw it in SCO 2.0.6, I foggily remember). This certainly is
a lot of uninformed babble when I am only sure of my first sentence :-).