MS-Windows 3.0 under Xenix and Unix

Wu Liu wul at sco.COM
Mon Mar 11 06:53:41 AEST 1991

/--drolet at drolet.CAM.ORG (Jean-Jacques Drolet) said...
| I am trying to install Microsoft Windows 3.0 under two different envi-
| ronments, namely
|
| 1) SCO Xenix System V/386 2.3.2 with VP/ix 1.01;
| 2) Open Desktop 1.0 (SCO UNIX System V/386 3.2 with DOS Merge).
|
| Up to date, I have had very little success. Any help would be
| greatly appreciated. As I don't yet receive sco.opendesktop, please
| post your replies to comp.unix.xenix.sco or mail them to my
| Internet address. Thanks a lot.
\--

Windows 3.0 does not work, even when run in real mode, under Open
Desktop 1.0.  It does work under the version of Merge included
with Open Desktop 1.1.  I'm not familiar with VP/ix myself; I know
that there was work done to it to support Windows 3.0, but I'm not
sure which release that is.  Now, if Windows 3.0 had been a well-
behaved DOS app... :-)