terminfo question...

Rich Pinder rpinder at phad.hsc.usc.edu
Sat Mar 30 14:48:31 AEST 1991

I notice that under WY60 emulation using my modem, my keypad arrow keys on
the pc don't work properly.  I notice this while using Epsilon.  So I made
a copy of the WY60 part of terminfo.src, called wynew.src.  I found the
capnames for the arrow keys (kcub1, kcud1, kcuf1, kcuu1), and they were set
to '^H ^J ^L ^K'.  I tried to substitute epsilon type control sequences for
these (ie ^b ^n ^f ^p), and recompiled the src using tic.  This didn't have
any effect on the outcome.  Questions:

	1)  do changes made from tic come into effect immediately?

	2)  do the capitalized codes (ie ^H) have a more complex meaning
than just the command yielded by typing the 'cntl' key plus the 'H' key?

	3)  why do i feel overwhelmed (?!?)  forgetthis one

thanks for any ideas

		Rich Pinder
		USC School of Medicine
		(213) 342-1640