Adaptek 154x problems.

Dave Mathis davem at elandes.UUCP
Sun Mar 17 06:36:06 AEST 1991

steve at fossrv.UUCP (Steve Foster) writes:

#Has any one had any luck in getting any information or help from
#Adaptek Corp, a rather well known SCSI controller supplier?  In
#trying to install an Adaptek 1542b controller on a Acer 1100 with
#a mermory expansion card, strange symptoms appear.

#Adaptek says call the distributor, and the distributor, and vendor
#say call Adaptek. I seem to be in circular definition and will soon
#see my self go by.

#					Thanks,

#						Steven Foster
#						805 943 3832

	This is the best you can expect from Adaptec.  You are lucky they
even answered the phone.  They have one (if not the) worst attitudes
of any vendor I deal with for PC's.

	They simply will not admit that distributors are SALES organizations
and have zero technical knowledge or interest.

	So far I have kept 3 companies from buying Adaptec.  I hope to make
it 3 million...

--
Dave Mathis		ELAN designs
UUCP:  	oliveb!elandes!davem		apple!spies!elandes!davem