MS-Windows 3.0 under Xenix and Unix

Karl-P. Huestegge karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Thu Mar 14 04:08:57 AEST 1991

drolet at drolet.CAM.ORG (Jean-Jacques Drolet) writes:

>I am trying to install Microsoft Windows 3.0 under two different envi-
>ronments, namely

>1) SCO Xenix System V/386 2.3.2 with VP/ix 1.01;
>2) Open Desktop 1.0 (SCO UNIX System V/386 3.2 with DOS Merge).

>Up to date, I have had very little success.

Quite difficult, because windows tries to get into protected mode.
I thought it wasn't possible at all, but..  (surprise,surprise).

SCO has a Support Diskette called 'unx268'.

It's for SCO UNIX 3.2 and SCO VP/ix 1.2.
Excerpt from the enclosed letter:

The enclosed Support Level Supplement (SLS) unx268 supplies support for
the Microsoft Windows 3.0 product running under SCO VP/ix 1.2 on the SCO
UNIX Operating System Release 3.2. This will replace the locore.o file in
the /etc/conf/pack.d/kernel directory. It will also rebuild and relink the
kernel. This must be installed in system maintenance mode. This will only
install on a SCO Unix Operating System release 3.2.0 or greater running the
SCO VP/ix release 1.2.0. This will not install on SCO MPX or the SCO 286 or
386 Xenix Operating System.

It's available per uucp from sosco.

Karl-Peter Huestegge                               karl at robot.in-berlin.de
Berlin Friedenau                           (..unido!fub!geminix!robot!karl)
                            derzeit:  ..unido!fub!tmbmbx!scuzzy!robot!karl)