Problem with mnt on bootup

Curt J. Sampson curt at cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
Tue Mar 26 11:24:41 AEST 1991

I mount my /u and /usr/spool filesystems on boot.  My /etc/rc.d/0.2/mntfs
script (I had to move it before 1/sdaemons because otherwise cron
chokes) calls mnt with the -r and -a options when the system
autoboots.  Unfortunately, if a filesystem is dirty mnt seems to
ignore the "rcfsck=dirty" in my /etc/default/filesys entries for those
filesystems and tries to mount them.  The mount fails because the file
systems are dirty.

I've currently reset it to "rcfsck=yes" so that it always does an fsck
whether needed or not, but this takes quite a while.  How do I get mnt
to use the rcfsck=dirty flag properly?

cjs
--
curt at cynic.uucp         | all systems in the network is not known anywhere."