cores in /usr/spool/uucp

Sean Fulton sean at utoday.com
Tue Mar 12 05:36:58 AEST 1991

In article <289 at sporty.UUCP> jeff at sporty.UUCP (Super STUD) writes:
>I am running SCO Xenix 2.3.2 on an AMI 25 mhz 386 with 4 megs of ram
>and a 210 meg hard drive.  Every day when the uucp cleanup daemon cleans
>the uucp files it reports that I have "cores in /usr/spool/uucp".  Every
>day I remove the core file.  (It is so bad that I have wondered if I
>should make it a cron job)!  Has anybody else had this problem?  If so,
>how do you fix it.

You don't, it's just an error in the uucico program SCO shipped with
Xenix. There's a mention in the release notes about it, but it's
nothing to worry about. I put up with it for more than a year with no
ill effects.

Sean Fulton					sean at utoday.com
UNIX Today!					(516) 562-5430
 /* The opinions expressed above are not those of my employer */