Installing Perl On A 286

Curt Sampson curt at cynic.wimsey.bc.ca
Sun May 19 14:59:24 AEST 1991

I'm trying to get perl up and running on my system.  I'm using SCO
Xenix 2.3.2 on a 286 processor.

Unfortunately, the configure.sh file that Configure produces has too
many variables in it and /bin/sh barfs with an "out of stack space"
error when it gets executed.  I've tried using fixhdr on a copy of
/bin/sh to increase the stack size and then running Configure under
that, but no dice.  It bombs no matter how high I seem to set the
stack space.

Does anybody have any clue as to how I can get things going?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            | "It is actually a feature of UUCP that the map of
curt at cynic.uucp         | all systems in the network is not known anywhere."