UHC, Esix, ISC, SCO, which ?

Jeff Phillips jjp at necis.UUCP
Fri May 31 22:48:37 AEST 1991

In article <1260 at cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au> nigel at cnw01.storesys.coles.oz.au (Nigel Harwood) writes:
   > [...]
   >I have been looking for a 386 system to run UNIX on and thought that
   >the hardest decision would be the hardware, silly me, it turned out
   >to be to operating system.
   > [...]
   >So I have sort of decided on Esix and have found an Australian
   >distributor for it (have not for the other two).
   >
   >Can anyone enlighten me to any major differences [...]
I'm not sure about this, but I thought that ESIX only ran on Everex platforms.
If so, you're constrained to one hardware vendor.  Does anybody know if this
is true?
@@ Jeffrey J. Phillips				UUCP: jjp at necis.nec.com   @@
@@ NEC Technologies, Inc.			PHONE: (508)635-6077	  @@
@@          "UNIX isn't a philosophy, it's a way of life" - anon          @@