Xenix 2.3.2 - Excelan LWP 3.7 Mail Problem

mark baker 4206813 baker at nodecg.ncc.telecomwa.oz.au
Thu May 23 13:52:13 AEST 1991

I have several Xenix 2.3.2 machines networked together using Excelan 205T
cards and LWP 3.7 software. Machine A is also connected to the Net via an
asynch line running Australian MHSnet software which provides mail and news.

The problem is that I have my mailbox on Machine B. Mail directed to me from
the Net is received by Machine A and sent to Machine B via SMTP. However, when
it reaches me, the From: field contains anonymous. Several months ago, it used
to contain the full address of the sender. Mail directed to a mailbox on Machine
A has the From: field filled with the proper return path.

Any hints, please, as to how I can get it working again.

Mark Baker                                Phone: +61 9 4206813
Network Computer Centre                   Fax:   +61 9 4208851
5th Floor Telecom Centre                  ACSNET: baker at telecomwa.oz
80 Stirling Street, Perth                 Inet:  baker%telecomwa.oz at uunet.uu.net
Western Australia 6000