uucp/uucico problems

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Thu May 30 03:26:29 AEST 1991

->In an article, gt8963a at prism.gatech.EDU (MCCARTNEY,JEFFREY ELWOOD) writes:
->|I'm having problems with the part of sco 2.3.2 that's not like straight
->|unix.  What's happening is that emailed msgs to remote systems
->|(using the "remotesysid!loginid" format) don't leave my system until
->|the remote systems sends something to my system.  Does anybody have a
->|clue as to why this is.  This happens in sending to most (or maybe all)
->|remote sites.
->
->Try uncommenting the lines in /usr/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp and then
->kick cron.
->

I don't think so.  I don't even use cron for uucp.  If you write outgoing
mail, uucp should exec uucico immediately as long as the relevant site in
Systems has an ok range of call times.  In this regard SCO is just like all
others.

In fact, other than the optional Dialers programs, SCO uucp IS exactly like
normal Sys V HDB uucp to the casual observer.

Why don't you try a uutry -r "whatever" and see what really happens when
you do outgoing uucp?

Neal Rhodes                       MNOP Ltd                     (404)- 972-5430
President                Lilburn (atlanta) GA 30247             Fax:  978-4741
                             emory!mnopltd!neal
                         gatech!emory!mnopltd!neal