UUCP and RTS/CTS

Joe Foster 6600joef at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu
Wed May 29 14:36:38 AEST 1991

	Help! I'm trying to get uucp, cu, etc. to talk to my high-speed
modem using hardware (RTS/CTS) flow control instead of using XON/XOFF.
Right now, I have my Dialers file set up to talk to this modem, and UUCP
works most of the time when I'm receiving files, but I sometimes encounter
problems when I'm transmitting. I think this is because I'm overflowing the
modem's internal buffers. "uutry -r -x9 wherever" isn't terribly specific
in this matter. My modem is probably signaling furiously using RTS/CTS, but
since the tty port is configured for XON/XOFF and not RTS/CTS (I checked this
with "stty -a /dev/tty2a" during the transfers), the serial driver never knows.
Is there a way to specify stty flags and other things from within the Dialers
file, or do I get to muck with one of the dialICKY-NASTY-UGH.c files? <:-(

	BTW, there's no problem with the port <-> modem connection using
RTS/CTS at 38400 baud from within a DOS communications program in VP/ix. It's
only from within uucico that I'm encountering troubles (besides not being able
to use uucp while VP/ix is running without "vpixcmd serial release").

						Joe Foster
						6600joef at ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu