Fast interactive program for binary XENIX-XENIX transfers

Tim L. Mikula mikula at umn-cs.cs.umn.edu
Sat May 25 06:40:14 AEST 1991

I am running XENIX 2.3.3 on a 386DX clone and have been using
MultiTech 2400 and 9600 baud error correcting modems with V.42bis
data compression.

In the past, I have been using kermit for interactive sessions
and data transfer (text and binary). I would love to switch
to something faster and able to benefit from the V.42bis
(kermit seems to keep timing out). I have heard of Ymodem-G
and others. Has any used a free (ftp site) or commercial
program they can recommend. Transferring binary executables
is the most important requirement. I would like to disable
the error correction because the modem is already providing
an error free line.

Tim Mikula (mikula at cs.umn.edu)