uuclean, mailing entire files

Daniel Wynalda danielw at wyn386.mi.org
Wed May 8 04:11:29 AEST 1991

The /usr/lib/uucp/uuclean that is distributed with SCO Xenix 2.3.3
does a nice job of cleaning up the /usr/spool/uucp directory and
extra files etc.  However, it also mail's notices to SENDERS
of all mail that hasn't delivered for X days.  It not only mails the
notice but a copy of the entire message.   When this message cotains
a digest for a mailing list, it accumulates to LOTS of data.

My questions are twofold.

1.  Is it possible to turn UP the number of days before messages are
returned to sender.

2.  Is it possible to only return a header of the original message
(say 20 lines or so) rather than a full message?  This will help out
in long distance for me and for many others on the net that transfer
mailing lists.

Any PD uuclean out there?  I'd love to see source and hack it myself.

--
Daniel Wynalda       | (616) 866-1561 X22 Ham:N8KUD Net:danielw at wyn386.mi.org
Wynalda Litho Inc.   | 8221 Graphic Industrial Pk. | Rockford, MI  49341