Disk drives that utilize only drams, simms, sipps

Rick Tucker rickt at wybbs.mi.org
Tue May 21 13:41:06 AEST 1991

We are looking for a 'RAM' disk drive. (literally)
I remember reading an ad for a 'disk drive' that was made
up of SIMM modules.  This drive would allow you to place
up to 100 meg or so of SIMM's in a cage that had an interface
like SCSI or ESDI (maybe even MFM, though I can't imagine why :-)

We are running the SCO Xenix operating system, and this drive
could also end up being placed on machines running the SCO Unix O/S.

Please mail direct or post to the net.
Thanks in advance.  I will summarize later.