making SCSI drive bootable ...

Aali Ansari ansari at gpu.utcs.utoronto.ca
Fri May 3 01:36:48 AEST 1991

I have recently brought a SCO Open Desktop System
(Unix System V) and having some problems in making
the SCSI drive as the bootable disk. The following
is my hardware configuration :

	CPU 			386DX-33
	Drives			80 MB IDE
				300 MB SCSI
	SCSI Controller		Adaptec AHA-1522

I have no problem installing the system on the 80 MB
IDE drive and use the 300 MB SCSI as the secondary
drive but what I really want to do is to remove the
80 MB IDE drive and use the 300 MB SCSI as the only
drive. The SCO software I brought is on floppy and
will not recognize the SCSI Controller until I installed
the Unix run time, extended utilities and the software
drive for the SCSI Controller (from Adaptec), therefore
I cannot install the software directly onto the SCSI.
Is it possible to copy the bootstrap from the IDE
drive to the SCSI directly or even copy entire disk onto
the SCSI.

If anyone has any suggestions, they would be very much
appreciated.

aali