C stack style on xenix & '386.

roeber at cithe1.cithep.caltech.edu roeber at cithe1.cithep.caltech.edu
Mon May 13 07:53:02 AEST 1991

How does C handle the stack in xenix on a '386?  Does it just use the
classic "calling function pushes arguments backwards and is responsible
for popping them" method, or does it use anything fancier, like frames?

I need a function that will traceback its program, for a replacement
malloc suite to be used to figure out what library doesn't free()
everything...

Thanks.  In the best traditions of conserving bandwidth, I will
summarize e-mailed responses.

| Frederick G. M. Roeber | CERN -- European Center for Nuclear Research |
| e-mail: roeber at caltech.edu or roeber at cern.ch | work: +41 22 767 31 80 |
| r-mail: CERN/PPE, 1211 Geneva 23, Switzerland | home: +33 50 42 19 44 |