SCO TCP/IP

Super user root at pegasus.UUCP
Fri May 31 01:11:23 AEST 1991

  I have recently worked with SCO's TCP/IP (version 1.0r) on both
  SCO XENIX 386 2.3.2 and SCO UNIX 3.2 and I have noticed

     a) telnet is missing the "binary" command
        which is absolutely needed outside US

     b) both rlogin and telnet have  a annoying "bumpy" feeling
        as if transmitting data in big chunks

  Now in my major system (a 486 with SCO XENIX 386 2.3.2) I have an
  old faithful Excelan (now no longer produced I think) with Excelan's
  software that even though is non ARPA-standard, is certainly slower
  and has bad mail implementation yet its rlogin and telnet are very smooth
  and both work fine in binary mode.

  I want to replace the Excelan with WD8003 and SCO's TCP/IP.  Is there
  a configuration so that telnet works in binary and communication
  gets smooth ?

  P.S. Is there a XENIX 386 2.3.3 ? I have seen references for it
       in many places.

  Please answer with e-mail since we are slow in receiving news.

  Thanks in advance,

  E.Sarmas