XENIX on AMPRO Little Board/186

braun at m10ux.UUCP braun at m10ux.UUCP
Wed Dec 17 09:29:12 AEST 1986

Does anyone know if there is a XENIX or other UNIX implementation
for the AMPRO Little Board/186?
This product is a compact 80186-based board that
includes the CPU, 512K, serial and parellel ports,
a floppy controller, and a SCSI hard disk controller interface.
It presumable runs about 3x faster than a normal PC, and has
a ROM BIOS that will allow it to boot PC-DOS.
I am interested in it because I already own the necessary terminal,
disk drives, and hard disk controller, and could assemble
a complete system for the price of the board (~$450) plus cables.
As far as I can tell, it would be an ideal environment for XENIX.

Doug Braun     		AT+T Bell Labs, Murray Hill NJ
201 582-7039            ihnp4!mhltx!braun