RAM disk for SCO Sys V.

caf at omen.UUCP caf at omen.UUCP
Fri Feb 13 08:52:10 AEST 1987

Your return path was so long a mail reply would never have worked ...

SYS V 2.2 includes a ramdisk driver.  I haven't tried it yet,
don't have enough memory (2.5 MB total) to make it worthwhile.
With about 300 buffers on my 2.2 kernel, C compiles don't
seem to bang the hard disk that badly on my Intel 386, except
for linking.

One feature that needs to be added is a way to allow cheap, slow memory
to be used for buffers and ramdisks, possibly data segments, but not
text segments.