Comparison between SCO Xenix and Microport System V

Mark Dornfeld romwa at gpu.utcs.toronto.edu
Mon Feb 23 14:58:42 AEST 1987

The last issue of UNIX World had an article comparing the
three major 286 bases UNIX Systems.  There are +'s and -'s
with all of them depending on your needs.  I can only speak
about SCO XENIX.

I have put up 5 SCO systems on Sperry IT's where nothing but
some office automation and some extremely sophisticated
troff-ing is required.  These systems have been excellent.

I surmise that the real differences will be with the compilers
and lots of other internal things which an end user is not
interested in.  I cannot help you there, though a fair bit of
software taken from mod.sources has compiled and run quite
well with SCO XENIX.

Mark T. Dornfeld
Royal Ontario Museum

utgpu!rom!mark