Confused file name in directory

spf at clyde.UUCP spf at clyde.UUCP
Sat Feb 28 06:04:27 AEST 1987

In article <5587 at mimsy.UUCP> chris at mimsy.UUCP (Chris Torek) writes:
>In article <105 at aob.UUCP> someone finds a directory entry with an
>embedded NUL, and has nothing handy to fix it.

I have a public-domain c program call rmfile which is interactive
and lets you either delete or rename files (including those with
garbage characters in their names).  I've never paid attention to
how it works, but I've used it and it DOES work.  It's about 246
lines of c source, and compiled on my PC6300 under XENIX V with no
trouble.  If there's interest, I'll post it to comp.sources or
something. Let me know if you want it.
Steve