lex problems on Altos

authorplaceholder at gorgo.UUCP.UUCP authorplaceholder at gorgo.UUCP.UUCP
Wed Feb 18 19:35:00 AEST 1987

Is lex known to be bletcherously buggy on xenix 3.3a1, running on an Altos
2086?

I just tried to run jive through it (several times, in fact), and what pops
out the other end has lines of input buried in it. I tried to hack the lex
output (as much as any mere human can hack lex output), and got it to
compile clean, but it wasn't functional.

I really must apologize to those of you who are reading my steady stream of
queries and complaints.

Do other folks with Altos/XENIX have a lot of problems with it? Is there some
place where I can get a list of known bugs and problems?

David Drexler
ihnp4!{nears | occrsh}!gorgo!ddrex