Development system

bob at ahxenix.UUCP bob at ahxenix.UUCP
Mon Feb 9 14:18:42 AEST 1987

In article <636 at pedsgo.UUCP>, bob at pedsgo.UUCP writes:
> Can anyone tell me if
>
> 1)	I buy a XENIX development system, do I get a Microsoft C based
> 	compiler or is it a PCC based compiler?

Microsoft CMERGE compiler, in which Microsoft C 4.0 for PC-DOS is compatable.

> 2)	Is XENIX 386 available for the COMPAQ 386 yet? How bout
> 	for any other 386?

Not yet,  although I think SCO will have it ready sometime during the next
quarter. (my opinion, not a fact) SCO will sell you a 286 version, with a free
upgrade to 386 when it's released.

> 3)	Anything good or bad about SCO?

Well, as with most companies like SCO, they are experiencing growing pains.
They are getting better than they used to be, but they still stumble every
now and then.

--
Bob Leffler  -  bob at ahxenix.REL.COM

  ...!ihnp4!mb2c!edsdrd!ahxenix!bob