Altox Xenix 3.2f C-compiler problems

Ray Tripamer ray at asci.UUCP
Thu Mar 5 18:21:33 AEST 1987

	After reading the problems with zapped directories in
	Altos Xenix (Yes, it happened to us, too), I was wondering
	if anyone has notices that the C compiler for Xenix 3.2f
	doesn't work all the time.

	What happens is that the compiler will make it to one of
	the passes (i've seen it happen on /lib/p2 and /lib/p3),
	when it seems to get stuck in an infinite loop.  It has
	happened more than once, and it doesn't matter which
	memory model I use.

	It prevented me from compiling news, ctex, and rogue. I
	have not been able to track down the cause.  Any help
	would be appreciated.
--
Ray Tripamer
E-MAIL: ray at jimi.uucp  (until we get into mod.maps)