2.11 News on XENIX V

lawrenc at nvanbc.UUCP lawrenc at nvanbc.UUCP
Sun Mar 15 06:30:59 AEST 1987

In article <464 at ednor.UUCP> cgf at ednor.UUCP (Chris Faylor) writes:

>I had to do a little more tweaking to "rn" and it is still not right.
>Compiling as a medium model it sometimes runs out of memory doing article
>cacheing.  Compiling as a large model solves this, but now sometimes it
>segmentation faults at inopportune times.  Anybody have rn working perfectly?

I have 'rn' running under IBM XENIX V2 middle model with no apparent problems.
I gave it a 3000(16) byte stack.
The only things I had to do were to change all the VARARGS procedures to use
the VARARGS macro support as documented in the programmers guide.

I occasionaly get a message from rn saying 'out of memory - .newsrc restored'
but this causes no problems, I just re-run rn and continue where it left off.