Everex streamer -- does it work for you?

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX caf at omen.UUCP
Tue Apr 12 17:09:12 AEST 1988

I have an 60MB Exerex streamer.  Running on a QIC system 3000
box (really Everex), it works OK if the cache is turned off.
I'm using IRQ7 for the interrupt, having cut the IRQ run on a
monochrome display adapter.  If the CPU runs at full speed,
the drive/controller hangs after an operation - this also
happens with an Intel motherboard.

The newer half lengh interface board is supposed to work with
the computer at full speed, but the unit I tried was DOA.

The latest SCO Discover mentions a new tape driver that should
allow tape operation at full CPU speed.

The "tape reset" command can be used from a different screen
to reset a hung drive/controller, at least every time I've tried it.

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX          ...!tektronix!reed!omen!caf
Author of YMODEM, ZMODEM, Professional-YAM, ZCOMM, and DSZ
  Omen Technology Inc    "The High Reliability Software"
17505-V NW Sauvie IS RD   Portland OR 97231   503-621-3406
TeleGodzilla BBS: 621-3746   CIS: 70007,2304    Genie: CAF