Microport console driver & raw mode programs

James Van Artsdalen james at bigtex.uucp
Mon Apr 11 14:05:18 AEST 1988

IN article <362 at mancol.UUCP>, samperi at mancol.UUCP (Dominick Samperi) wrote:
> Has anyone experienced console driver problems after using a program
> (like elm, for example) that sets the tty to raw mode (that is, turns
> off ICANON under System V)?

Not this problem, but I *have* had the problem wherein the console driver
decides to stop wrapping around the right edge of the screen.  This always
happens if I call a local BSD4.3 system and claim to be a vt100...
I am using unix/386 2.2l.

As an aside, I have found that in order to use the terminfo entry supplied on
uPort's BBS, it is necessary to disable the hpa, ll and vpa capabilities.
And for those of you who like their cursors full-height ("\[27;24m") or
non-blinking ("\[27;26m")...  In addition, color seems to be triggered with
"\[22;Nm" where N specifies the color: I like smso as \[22;31m with rmso
as \[22;7m.
--
James R. Van Artsdalen   ...!ut-sally!uastro!bigtex!james    "Live Free or Die"
Home: 512-346-2444 Work: 328-0282; 110 Wild Basin Rd. Ste #230, Austin TX 78746