RAM disk

David Schachter david at daisy.UUCP
Thu Apr 7 19:30:43 AEST 1988

If the following has been answered recently, just give me a reference and I'll
go away.

With the recent discussion of problems running 9600 bps without losing char-
acters, someone bemoaned the inability to define in-memory filesystems.  Is
there really no Unix driver to define in-memory simulated disk?  For some
applications, such a facility would yield a substantial speed improvement
without the need to alter the application for better memory buffering.

					-- David Schachter,
					   soon-to-be SCO or Microport customer

Bandwidth waste: My company and I have different opinions.