Elm and XENIX

Steven P. Donegan donegan at stanton.TCC.COM
Sat Apr 16 12:40:09 AEST 1988

In article <181 at ists>, mike at ists (Mike Clarkson) writes:
> In article <13 at stanton.TCC.COM>, donegan at stanton.TCC.COM (Steven P. Donegan) writes:
> >
> > I have elm 1.7 working quite well on my SCO 2.2.1 (286) system. The only
> > problems I have noted so far are:
> >
> > 2) If a user is in elm in some functions and gets disconnected the session
> >    remains running - SIGHUP appears to have been defused.

In one of it's source modules elm 1.7 traps signal SIGHUP, SCO Professional
and SCO FOXPLUS also have this 'feature'. I expect it has to do with some
misguided sense of file integrity. When I have tested my 'fix' to the source
I will be happy to post. The problem with elm 1.7 was not reported by me,
but by my local xenix guru, news feed and friend Jack Vogel of Turnkey
Computer Consultants.
--
Steven P. Donegan
Sr. Telecommunications Analyst