Everex Tapes vs Xenix

pri=-10 Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.UUCP
Fri Apr 15 14:57:19 AEST 1988

In article <831 at spdcc.COM> dyer at spdcc.COM (Steve Dyer) writes:
>In article <333 at hudson.acc.virginia.edu>, wrp at biochsn.acc.virginia.edu (William R. Pearson) writes:
>> I would like to continue my saga of the installation of an Everex 60 Mbyte
>> streaming tape drive under Xenix.
>
>If you had asked before hand, you'd have found out that SCO XENIX
>supports Wangtek and Archive tape units out-of-the-box, and if you
>had bought one of those, you wouldn't be posting now.

Or you at least have bought one with the right label!

Bell Technologies sells this under their own name, with drivers for System
V/286 or 386 and Xenix 286/386/SCO/IBM.

Unfortunately for you, rumour has it they have very slightly modified the
controller to allow their driver to distinguish their own version from the
generic version to prevent anyone from pirating the software.

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532