Site 'killer' update

Usenet control usenet at jclyde.UUCP
Wed Apr 6 06:43:19 AEST 1988

In article <1706 at desint.UUCP> geoff at desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:

>With such limited information, it is difficult and risky to pass
>judgement on anyone.  However, this certainly sounds heavy-handed.
>Assuming killer's offense was a violation of AT&T source-code trade
>secrets, where do they get the right to seize somebody's private hardware?
>It would be one thing if the moved in, deleted all questionable source
>(after backing it up onto media they handed over to the courts for escrow).
>But seizing the entire machine is a little Big-Brother-ish for my taste.

First I want to point out that I posted this for the sysops of killer.
Therefore, I am just passing on what has been given to me.  I claim no
responsibility for any of the information contained therein.  I am doing
a favor for allen at sulaco and Charlie Boikon (sp?).

Second, as I understand it, AT&T owns killer.  Therefore, they can do anything
they darned well please with the machine including seizing it.  Now, whether
this is ethical or not is a whole other question.
--
John B. Meaders, Jr.  1114 Camino La Costa #3083, Austin, TX  78752
ATT:  Voice:  +1 (512) 451-5038  Data:  +1 (512) 371-0550