tty error]

Greg Comeau greg at csanta.UUCP
Tue Apr 5 14:34:47 AEST 1988

> getty keeps dying

We've had this problem on our WYSE 286 box after rebooting XENIX
from a shutdown.  Solution seems to be the need to power off the machine
before the reboot so as to reset the terminal in some way or another.

If this is happening to you just all of a sudden after XENIX has been up
for at least a few minutes, then I'm not sure what's wrong.  One possibility
is that you've got noise on the line that's producing the console messages.
You might want to try a different cable...