Xenix/Everex Tape Installation

William R. Pearson wrp at biochsn.acc.virginia.edu
Fri Apr 8 05:00:31 AEST 1988

	I have just received an Everex 60 Mbyte cartridge tape drive
with QIC02 controller, for use with Xenix 2.2.1.  I have been told
that I need the Xenix Mountain tape driver to use this drive by
someone at SCO, and it is on its way.  But I note that the Everex
controller is set up to use INTQ 3, which is also used by the serial
ports I believe.

	Has anyone installed such a cartridge tape drive? (It is supposed
to be Xenix compatible out of the box, because of the QIC02 controller).
What interrupts, DMA channels, or whatever, should be used?

	Any help will be apprecieated.

Bill Pearson
wrp at virginia.EDU