SCO VP/ix troubles

Stacy L. Millions stacy at mcl.UUCP
Wed Apr 6 15:15:46 AEST 1988

I have been having some troubles with SCO Xenix 2.2.1 386 and VP/ix.
I am running on an ACER and added a second floppy (48 tpi). I was
hoping to be able to configure one vpix user to use the 96tpi drive
as A: and another user to use the 48tpi drive as A:, but it won't
work. It will only allow one of the drives to be used.

Before you can use the 48tpi drive from VP/ix, you must first access
it for Xenix (ie do a dosdir or some such). If you don't when VP/ix
tries to read drive A: the 96tpi drive will start spinning. After
getting the 48tpi drive working, if you try to access the 96tpi drive
from another VP/ix session you get the same thing in reverse.
I have not tried using one drive from Xenix while the other is
being used in VP/ix.

The other problem I am having with VP/ix is with LPT1. I have LPT1
defined as being the Xenix lp spooler, and it works just fine from
a terminal, but if you start VP/ix from the console it will go and
initialize the printer just like DOS does (this is messy if the
printer is being used :-). LPT2 and LPT3 work fine from the console
but LPT1 goes direct to the device regardless of the configuration
file.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.