GETTY replacement for SCO Xenix

Jack F. Vogel jack at turnkey.TCC.COM
Thu Apr 28 21:38:06 AEST 1988

In article <2055 at cadovax.UUCP> mitchell at cadovax.UUCP (Mitchell Lerner) writes:
>I'm looking for a "talk" or "phone" program that runs under SCO Xenix 2.2.1.
>You know, the screen splits and one user types in one half and the other
>types in the other half of the screen.  Great improvement over the write
>command!

Mitchell,
	I have just what you are looking for. If you call the Turnkey XBBS
at 714-662-7450 and look in the unix subdirectory you will find both the
binary for SCO and the source for a program called xtalk. It does just
what you are describing, split screen and all. It is not totally bug free,
for instance it does not really handle scrolling within each region of the
screen properly, but it does work.
	If you or any others out there would rather uucp it, send me some
mail and I will make it available in the public directory for uucp.

					Best regards,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA