Micro EMACS

George Sperling sperling at acf8.UUCP
Wed Apr 13 09:17:00 AEST 1988

/* acf8:comp.unix.xenix / cline at pnet01.cts.com (Ben Humphreys) /  1:36 pm  Apr 11, 1988 */

This response is forwarded from karl at hipl.psych.nyu.edu, who is
responsible for the MSDOS and Xenix versions of Jove.

>not knowing the Dev't sys that well, I just downloaded the source for Jove.
>Jove requires one to tweak the Makefile.  Using my current word processor,
>Lyrix, I tweaked the Makefile, wasting all Tab characters in the process
>(which Make requires I believe).  Jove won't compile anyway.  I believe the
>problems lie in jove.c and one other program.  Can someone mail me an

The current version of Jove (4.9) officially supports Xenix. If you
get the distribution from hipl.psych.nyu.edu, or cs.rochester.edu, or
soon from comp.sources.unix, all you have to do to compile under Xenix
is:
- edit the makefile according to the instructions given in it
- in the file tune.h, comment out the following #defines
	BSD4_2
	BSD4_3
	LOAD_AV
	JOB_CONTROL
After these changes Jove should compile and run fine. I know the setup
could be made easier. It will happen in the next version.

Karl Gegenfurtner

arpa:	karl at hipl.psych.nyu.edu
uucp:	...{seismo|ihnp4|allegra}!cmcl2!xp!hipl!karl
usps:	Department of Psychology, NYU
	6 Washington Place, 8th fl.
	New York, NY 10003
at&t: