proposal for news usenet section

Sanford 'Sandy' Zelkovitz sandy at turnkey.TCC.COM
Wed Apr 20 22:13:29 AEST 1988

I would like to propose the adoption of a new section under comp.unix called
comp.unix.bbs. This section would specialize in news and related items about
public access unix/xenix systems. Within this section would be software to
run your own public access system, modifications for the above mentioned
software, and announcements of public access systems. Further, I would also
like to propose that this section be unmoderated since most system
administrators that run such systems would be more than qualified to moderate
their inputs.

Since I am not familiar with the protocols necessary to start a new section,
I hope that others would help me with this task.

Firstly, my original contribution to this new section will be my source code
for XBBS. Secondly, I will make known which systems are running XBBS as a
public access system. Since many are running the code internally, they
will not be known. Finally, I can relay all messages that I receive from
others, that call my system concerning this section, onto this section.

Finally, I propose that ONLY free access systems be allowed to "advertise"
their existence since this section would NOT be available for profit seekers.

I would appreciate the input from others along with the necessary requirements
for the birth of this new section.

Sanford ( Sandy ) Zelkovitz       XBBS  714-828-0288

                     ......!ihnp4!hermix!alphacm!sandy
                     ......!ucbvax!ucivax!icnvax!alphacm!sandy
                     ......!trwcb!ucla-an!alphacm!sandy
                     ......!uunet!ccicpg!turnkey!alphacm!sandy