Configuring Xenix for 1200/2400 baud access, uucp log management

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com
Wed Apr 13 07:33:23 AEST 1988

I think the problem you are seeing is caused by initialization noise as
the connect is made. Two suggestions on fixing it:

 A) don't send the initial break, use a return instead, like:
	"" "" gin:--gin:-BREAK-gin:--gin:
    I have no idea why this works better.

 B) unless there is a political reason for doing things low to high,
change the speeds to cycle from highest to lowest, repeating the first
one. This takes care of connect noise. I have been running a BBS for
several years, and I use 2400-2400-1200-300 without problems. It will
require minor changes in others login scripts if they're still using
1200.

good luck
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)