Daylight Savings Time

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.ge.com
Sat Apr 2 05:55:04 AEST 1988

This was beaten to death in comp.std.unix (or something like that) last
year. It's a problem in UNIX in general, and AT&T/Sun may fix it if they
feel like it. I got disgusted and kept all my machines on standard time
last year.

You can just fiddle the TZ value, all internal times are in GMT (UCT),
so it's only the way they're printed. I use "EST5" for TZ, but you can
use "EDT4" or whatever. You can change this in /etc/default/login.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)